Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Japan - Randoms

This blog concludes my Japan series...and it's full of all of the random things/events from the trip that didn't quite fit into the other categories! So here goes!!

Jill & Mikey's kids are absolutely adorable!! I took them a few Korean gifts and here they are with their new umbrellas!

On my first morning in Otsu, we saw this on our way to the train station. These creatures, called a Tanuki, are outside of lots of businesses and they are said to bring luck to the business. I actually ended up buying a small one to take home just because I thought it was so cute!

One evening during my trip, Jill took me to a local tea shop for some amazing tea! I've never been much of a tea drinker, but that place might have converted me!

Jill looking ultra proper with her tea!!

When Kami & I were in China a couple of years ago, we ate at place that we thought was Chinese food, but it ended up that it was actually a Japanese fast food place! Then Jill told me about this place that she loved to go, and I instantly knew it was the same place!! So one night, Jill, Mecailin, and I enjoyed the deliciousness of Yoshinoya!! Yum!! (Kami, be jealous!!)

After Mikey's game on Sunday, we met up with some of the Lake Stars and their girlfriends at Kippers for some good laughs! Here are Jill & Mecailin with two of the girlfriends, Mayu and Wakana!

I love this picture, minus Wara's crazy face in the corner!!

Hilarious!! One of Jill's super-cute boots was already splitting away from it's sole...and on this night, it went all the way!! Jill was trapped inside the table so she thought she'd crawl under to get out...but her boot was not having it! Here's the final result...so funny! (Sorry, Jill!)

Two of Mikey's teammates, Yu & JoHo. Yu was cracking me up when he was trying to read some phrases from Jill's Japanese phrasebook. And JoHo is quite stud for Japanese basketball fans...and he was on the West all-star team with Mikey, too!

Another one of Mikey's teammates, Gary, was having so much fun with Camdon...and sugaring him up for the night!

This sign made me laugh at McDonalds!

Have I mentioned how adorable Jill and Mikey's kids are!?! Mecailin and Camdon are so precious, and I was so glad I finally got to meet them!! Jill & Mikey are such fabulous parents and it is clear to see how much love there is in their family! So these next few pictures are all about them...I just want to share their cuteness with you!!

Thus ends my vacation to Japan...boo!! Usually after vacations, I'm excited to go home, but this time, I was having so much fun that I wasn't quite ready to leave!! It was an amazing trip and I truly enjoyed every minute of it!!

Back to reality, I suppose!

2 comments:

Jill Marshall said...

I actually teared up reading this!.. Lol.. It can't be six years before we get together again!.. We all luv u Sarah and had the best time!!. Come back anytime!!..

saraallbritton said...

Ahhh!! I love y'all too!! I can't wait to hang out again...whereever it may be!!