Monday, February 28, 2011

Change Is In The Air

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. ~Robert C. Gallagher


This week marks the beginning of the new school year for students in Korea. For me, it means new students, a new schedule, and new co-teachers. I have a few mixed emotions about it all, but I'm sure everything will be fine.  


Since I got here in October, I've had three of the best co-teachers that I could ask for! They have always made me feel welcome and appreciated. The past few months with them have been a real blessing for me. I knew before I came here that I'd be working with Eujin, my good friend from when I lived in Tongyeong before. In addition to Eujin, I also work along side of Minie and Karen. Each one of these ladies has been ever-so-helpful in making my time at Tongyeong Elementary enjoyable! They are such sweet people!

The sad part of the week is that my good friend/co-teacher, Eujin, has moved to another school that is about 2 hours away...boo. While I'm really happy for her, I'm really sad for me. Eujin is definitely the closest friend that I have here, so it's going to be quite different not seeing her everyday. We've known each other for a couple of years now and she played a very important role in me coming back to South Korea.
So, Eujin will be replaced in our office with another teacher at our school, and as I type, I am waiting to learn what my new assignment will be. I don't know yet who I'll work with in the classroom or what grade I'll teach...I'll find out soon, I think. Change is upon us...

1 comment:

Jill Marshall said...

I'm sure you'll be blessed with another great friend!.. I hope so anyways! :)... Good luck with the new school year!.. TTYS!...