Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flat Stanley Takes Tongyeong - Part 1

This week, I have a very special guest visiting me in Tongyeong (통영)...Flat Stanley!! The HR Director at my last job, the Hilton, asked me to show Flat Stanely around for her son Jacob. He arrived on Monday and we're having lots of fun already! Here is a little look at our first two days together (I'll be using FS for Flat Stanley):

FS getting a look at how elementary school students in Korea live at Tongyeong Elementary School (통영초등학교)

He attended the 6-8 class with me

FS enjoying lunch in the cafeteria at school...and yes, they eat spaghetti with chopsticks!

 FS tried some custard-filled 'fish bread' (붕어빵)

Taking the bus down to the harbor

FS loved the views of at the harbor

And enjoyed the Turtle Ship (거북선)

FS taking a stroll through the fish market

And finally, some delicious gimbap (김밥) and kimchi (김치)!! Yum!!

 The first two days have been fun...more adventures in Tongyeong for Flat Stanley to come!!

No comments: