Monday, February 7, 2011

Japan - Kimono Day

On Tuesday of my trip to Japan, one of Jill's super sweet Japanese friends (Michi) brought over some kiminos for us girls to play dress-up!! I was so excited about this day because I love traditional dresses! In Korea, I think hanboks are fascinating, and in Japan, it's all about the kimono! I never really realized how much work went into putting on a kimono, but after about an hour of getting all dressed, I got to see how much time in takes! Joining us was Chass, one of Mikey's teammates' girlfriend (did you get all that!?). We had a really good time and I loved all of the funny stares we got on the street as we were taking pictures!! So let me show you!!

Michi getting Jill all squared away in her kimono (sorry about the closed eyes Jill!)
Mecailin looks sooo pretty in her kimono!!

  The funny socks that they wear with their kimonos.

All of us in our kimonos!! I love this picture!!

Jill with Michi...she is so kind to share her culture with us!

Jill & Mecailin looking so beautiful in their kimonos!

I love this picture of Jill! And it lets you see the back of her kimono.

 Jill took some pictures of me and did the editing to make me beautiful!! Thank you for the pictures, Jill!

Mine is a wedding kimono so there are so many bright colors!

Posing in the kimono!

I think this one is my favorite!

After we were done taking pictures, Michi told us that she was giving us these kimonos!! I couldn't believe it!! So I am now the proud owner of a kimono, complete with funny socks and shoes, plus a handbag!! Michi was so sweet to share her day with us and I really feel very thankful for her kind and generous spirit!

No comments: