Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh What a Day!

Today has been quite eventful...well class-wise.

Everyone in our class has to teach students infront of the class and then get critiqued by the teacher and students. Today was my first day to do this. Let me tell you, I was a little nervous at first, but once I got going, I was ok. Since our real Czech students didn't show up, two of my fellow learners acted as students. I think the lesson went well and I had some positive feedback from the class and teacher. Overall, I am happy with the way it went and now I just have to get ready for my next lesson...next Wednesday!

I also had my first lesson with my second student today. His name is Tomas and he works in the corporate part of an international bank here. He just got back from holiday so he said his mind wasn't working as well as it normally does...and considering today was the first time he's spoken English in a month, I can understand. Today we just talked and got to know each other and he said that next week, he wants to go over prepositions and brush up on those.

So I'm done with all my lessons for this week and I can breath until next week!

That's all for tonight!! Have a great day!

1 comment:

K-Webb said...

from one future teacher to another...

"i AM happy..." :)