Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise...I Mean Prague!

Well, I have officially completed my first week of class at ITTP! It was quite fun and interesting and informative. There is definitely lots to learn about teaching English and I'm so glad I have chosen to take the course instead of just going straight into teaching like some people do. I just know I needed this to get me going.

I had my first one-on-one lesson today with a student outside of the school. Each student in my class is assigned two people in local businesses to teach to once a week and my first lesson was today. I met with Martina this morning at her home. She works for a local newspaper as a photo editor and attends classes at the local university. Get this though, she is married to a guy that does photography for the Czech National Geographic...HOLY COW!! I was so stoked when she told me that. She even showed me some of his work in magazines and I was totally impressed. So anyways, we just chatted for the hour I was there. She speaks English fairly well and just wanted to use our time to practice speaking, so we did! Her husband and daughter speak some English, but they do not practice together, so for my hour each week, she just wants to talk so she can practice her speaking. We covered many topics today and I can't wait to meet with her again on Monday.

While I was on my way to meet with Martina, I saw a beautiful church so on my way home, I stopped to take a few pictures.



Photobucket


Photobucket

So after returning home, Kami and I hit the streets once again to check out what was going on in the center of town. We walked around a bit, visiting some shops and snapping a few pictures. While we were in the Old Town Square, we got to see a band playing so I thought I'd share a little bit of that with you. I tried to show our surrounding so I hope they are clear.


While walking around, we also saw a couple that had just gotten married taking photographs. It was realy beautiful. Just made me think about how awesome their wedding pics are going to be...in Prague, come on now! Here's the happy couple:

Photobucket

Oh what a day. Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us!!

No comments: