Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Day in Pictures!

Before I get to the pictures, I remembered that I forgot to write about something yesterday..."Sniper Hellos". I had heard about these before I came and we experienced our first one yesterday...so hilarious. What happens is you're walking along, just minding your business, and these little kids start yelling 'hello' at you. It's really funny. I think we'll get these a lot since it's obvious that we are foreigners so they like to use their English on us. Ok, now to the pictures.


My first Korean meal. We found a place with pictures so we could look and point...always a good way to order food! It wasn't bad. The chicken was just regular fried chicken but it was accompanied by an interesting omlette. The omlette was filled with fried rice...interesting but pretty yummy.
Barbara showed us around town for a little bit. Very good knowledge to have.
Our bosses took us around the coastline and we stopped to take pictures at the national park. It was really amazing. There are about 120 islands around Tongyeong...as you can see, some really tiny ones and then ones that people live on and visit.
This is picture celebrates my first island experience. There is an island easily accessible by bridge just south of Tongyeong where the national park is and where we ate dinner.

A quick shot with the lion...gotta love it! :)

Dinner was amazing. Our bosses took us to a traditional Korean restaurant and we got to have a truly cultural experience. It was so great! It started with leaving our shoes at the door (typical here at homes too) and sitting "indian style" at a table resembling a coffee table. Then they brought out about 20 bowls of stuff...it was insane. In the middle of the table, they put a bar-b-que type thing so you can cook your meet while you eat. We had pork for our meet and it was amazing....so yummy!

I was finally taught how to use chopsticks...so my first Korean goal has been accomplished! Whoo-hoo! There were tons of things to try and I tried most of them...not the spicy ones...but most of the other ones. So good, some not so good, but all worth the try to experience it!

Here with our bosses, Ryan and Sara, and their daughter Ruby.

That concludes my day. I'm tired now...still adjusting so I think I'll be going to bed early tonight. It was a fun day though!

No comments: