Monday, November 10, 2008

Exploring Tongyeong City

Good morning all. It's about 9am here on Monday morning and I'm getting ready to start my first week of teaching. I'm so excited and can't wait to jump right in! We're leaving our hotel in little while and moving into Kami's apartment for the week, then when the guy I'm replacing leaves, I'll move into his place.

Yesterday was a good day. I went walking around in the morning to explore and just try to get my bearings a little more. I continued to be amazed with how beautiful it is here. Here is a picture of Tongyeong City looking over from the island. You might thing that is a mountain range in the distance, but really it is just a bunch of islands out there...kinda crazy.

Right out of our hotel, you can see an island that is not even a quarter of a mile away. It's where we had dinner the other night with our boss' family. While I was walking, I found an undersea tunnel that took me to the island. Tongyeong City is a big tourist place for Koreans, so there were a bunch of people in the tunnel and touring around. I'd like to say I blended in with the tourists, but that would be a lie. I was still the only non-Korean walking around in the tunnel. Ha. It really is magnificent how pretty this place is. I am still in shock that this is my home for at least the next year.

This is one of the two bridges that connects Tongyeong City to the island. I've seen pictures of it at night and it's really pretty. Here is my attempt at using the timer on my camera since I couldn't ask the Koreans to take a picture of me!

No comments: