Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Day!!! :)

Yay!!! Happy Day!! I moved into my apartment today!! I'm so excited!! No more sleeping on the floor and living out of my suitcases!! Whoo-hoo!! Now I can get settled!! I already unpacked all my luggage and am settling in! I'm so happy...now I can really feel like I live here and I'm not just visiting! I should be online more now so feel free to call!! :)
The past few days have been good ones. On Sunday, Kami and I joined one of our directors and her children and went to a get-together with another Korean family at their 'weekend home'. It was a really good cultural experience and I enjoyed myself. When we got there, the ladies worked on cleaning all the dishes and everything to get ready for us to eat.
And it was quite a feast...let me tell you. These people don't hold back! They had a little grill in the middle of the table and they just cook the meat and you take off little pieces. They started with some delicious beef and then got out some sausage. Think it's over?? Oh no...then there was some yummy pork and tons of seafood...crab, some kind of fish, so much stuff. It was insane. I quit after the pork but I was just so shocked with how much food there was. I still don't get how they are all so small here.

Here is the pretty sunset we witnessed while at the get-together. It was really amazing.

So besides our fun day with the Korean families, here are a couple other pictures from the past few days. This has become my favorite meal here. It's tuna kim bop...a roll with tuna, egg, spinach, and lots of other stuff that tastes yummy!! It's less than $2 bucks and it's amazing!!!

On our way to Lotte Mart (just like Wally World), we saw a stone that reminded us of Texas!!

That's all for now. I'll update more later! Miss you all! :)

1 comment:

JRI said...

Nice! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. We need to meet up again here soon, too!