Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gujora Beach - Geoje Island

Last Saturday, I headed to a nearby beach for a day of fun in the sun! From a Facebook invite, I found out that there would be lots of foreigners gathering for the long three-day weekend and camping on the beach. I'm not much of a camper myself, but I still went for the day (that counts, right?!). Danielle and I headed there in the early afternoon on Saturday, along with the doggy that I've been fostering. Traveling with dogs in Korea seems to be quite easy...and I didn't have much trouble on the buses (until the last bus driver of the day wanted me to have the dog in a carrier!).

If you ever want to go to Gujora (구조라) Beach by public transit, here's what Danielle and I did...Intercity bus from Tongyeong to Jangsuengpo, then the Geoje intracity bus to Gujora (buses 22, 23, 61). You can opt for the taxi from Jangseungpo to Gujora, but that'll cost you about 15 bucks! The bus drops you off in the middle of the peninsula, but just walk about five minutes, and you'll see the huge beach!

As for our day, it was good fun and it was good to get out of Tongyeong for the day. Tongyeong doesn't really have any 'proper' beaches, so Geoje or Bijindo are our closest options. While at the beach, I saw some friends of mine that I made at the EPIK training a few months ago...so that was really nice!

Here are a few pictures from the day:

These guys were seriously working on this tent for at least an hour! It was quite complicated!

Danielle and I with the doggy! We are the happy travelers!

Gujora Beach looking from the far end back to 'civilization'!

The doggy stuck pretty close to me...she needs to become a little more social!

A look at the beach from the other end...towards the rocks and such.

It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I got to enjoy the beach before the hotHOT summer gets here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

liked your blog.have a look at my blog
http://kojeblogger.blogspot.kr/

Unknown said...

liked your blog.have a look at my blog
http://kojeblogger.blogspot.kr/

Unknown said...

http://kojeblogger.blogspot.kr/