Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Afternoon w/Sara & Ruby

Last Monday was Korea's Memorial Day, so I got the chance to spend an afternoon with my former boss, Sara, and her daughter, Ruby. First on our agenda was visiting a fancy pension in Tongyeong. One of Sara's student's parents own this pension, and it rents for about $350 a night, so I'm pretty sure I won't ever be staying there! Still, it was nice to visit and see the interesting collection of things they have from around the world. Up next on the agenda was dinner, which was quite yummy thanks to Mr. Pizza....a popular pizza chain in Korea. Here is our day in pictures:

This cat was definitely the most interesting cat I've ever seen. It looked really angry, but it was really sweet!

Some colorful hanging quilted birds

The wall on the side of one of the buildings...I thought it looked pretty neat

One of the murals that adorned the walls at the pension

It was a really beautiful day and the clouds looked really nice

As always, I loved hanging with Ruby...she is such a funny girl

Some of the many, many seashells by the water

And for dinner, we opted for the 4-in-1 pizza so we could try a variety of flavors. It was quite yummy!

No comments: