Monday, January 3, 2011

Taipei - Shilin Night Market

In Taipei, night markets are huuuuge!! They seem to be the 'thing' to do at night!! The subway to this particular night market was packed!! I visited the Shilin Night Market on three different nights...it was that happenin', and there was a ton to see! There were people everywhere and the aisles between vendors were full of people! It was a mix of exciting and overwhelming at the same time! In the main building, it felt like a carnival. There were so many food vendors and games and a few souvenir places. It was just insanity. I took some video so I'll try to upload that sometime for you! Alright, here are some pictures of the place:

The main sign outside...Shilin Market.
A view inside the main building
Rows and rows of claw games...I didn't attempt them though. I really awful at these games!
Some of the food...
Lots of sausages...
It looked delicious but I didn't try any of this!!
Fried food, anyone??
Lots of fresh fruit! Yum!
Just pick your fruit and they'll make you a smoothie!
I chose banana...yum!!!
 
That's just a general look at the market! I think I'll have more pictures later, but that's all
for now!!

No comments: