Monday, September 26, 2011

Singapore - Day 4 - Chinatown & Singapore Flyer & Harbor

Our last full day in Singapore was probably my favorite! They were all good, don't get be wrong, but I really enjoyed the final full day there!!

We started the morning with a trip to Chinatown with Joyce and her friend, Christine.  We walked around a bit and saw this Hindu temple, Sri Mariamman Temple. I am still just so fascinated with the intricate details of the temple.

Then we took a walk through the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. It's a huge temple and is said to have a tooth of Buddha inside. We didn't see that, but we did see some really interesting things. Here's the entrance of the Temple and Museum.

Huge golden Buddhas inside the temple. They were really extravagant.

I really liked the look of this wall...there were so many tiny Buddas. I'm not sure what they're all for, but it's a cool sight to see.

After that, we headed to the Tea Chapter for some traditional Chinese tea. It was such a nice experience and it was nice to have Joyce and Christine to show us around! We definitely wouldn't have done it without them, so it was really special!

The lady showed us the proper way to brew Chinese tea.

My smelling cup and drinking cup...who knew there were separate cups for this!?

Chinatown also offered lots of shopping...but I don't think I even bought anything! But if you're souvenier shopping in Singapore, I definitely recommend doing it in Chinatown...they're super cheap there!!

After Chinatown, Sandy and I headed to the Singapore Flyer....Singapore's version of the London Eye. It provides such a great view of Singapore and is so pretty!  

I was super excited about getting on the Singapore Flyer...can you tell!?!

The sky looked amazing during our time in the Flyer. Here's part of the city!

Looking into the harbor from the Singapore Flyer! So pretty!

It turned dark while we were down by the harbor, and I was able to get a few shots that I liked!! Here are three famous sights in Singapore: the Helix Bridge, the Marina Bay Sands Resort, and the Science and Arts Museum!

The next day, we spent the morning relaxing and then headed to the airport to fly to Malaysia! The time in Singapore was really nice. The city is so new and fresh and everything is so easy! It was definitely nice being in an English-speaking country, versus what I'm used to everyday! Everything was super easy to get to and  public transportation was clearly marked and user-friendly! I definitely recommend a trip to this growing city! I already know if I visit again, the skyline will be completely different! The city had so much construction going on...it's an exciting time for Singapore!

No comments: