Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hadong Tea Festival

This post is a little late, but like they say, better late than never!! A couple of weekends ago (May 7, to be exact), I met up with some of my EPIK friends for the Hadong Tea Festival. This wasn't my first festival, but it was quite different than the ones I have been to in the past. It was really far into the country and very 'nature-y'. The adjacent river provided a nice backdrop for the activites and the day overall was pretty relaxing! The weather was quite beautiful as well, making the day really wonderful!

Getting to the festival was quite a task. A fellow Tongyeonger (Liz) and I took a bus from Tongyeong to Jinju, where we met up with everyone else. From there, we took another bus to Hadong. And once we got there, it was another ~30 minute taxi ride to the festival. Thank goodness we could all share the fare because it was about 30,000 won! Liz and I started our traveling at 8am and made it to the festival around noon. Quite a lot of traveling, but finally we made it and could enjoy the day!

Here are some pictures from our day at the Hadong Tea Festival!

The river next to the festival

The awesome free visors they gave us to protect us from the sun!

There were tons of these ladies in hanboks (traditional Korean dresses) serving tea for people to sample.

This has got to be the prettiest array of snacks I've seen!

The organizer of the gathering among our friends...Mick! He's an English lad so I'm pretty sure this tea festival was right up his alley!

A giant tea pot and cup

There were a few performances throughout the day...this men's group was the main one.

Some of our friends trying the tea.

After all of that tea, I'm still no expert on the drink...but I'm one step closer!!

No comments: