Friday, April 22, 2011

Jinju Castle

I figured that before I set off for my next weekend adventure, I should tell you about my adventure last weekend! I didn't go too too far, but in Korea, you can't go too far without being in another country! Anyways, I headed to a town only about an hour away, Jinju. I visited this city for the Lunar New Year when I was in Korea last time, but I didn't actually see any of the city.

I went to see some friends, but before that, I headed to Jinju's biggest attraction, Jinju Castle (진주성). As always, I'm sure I didn't appreciate it to it's full cultural potential, but it was still a nice little visit! I took a few pictures to show you! I can't really explain the pictures, so you'll just have to put captions there for yourself!!









I would like to mention that if you ever go to Jinju Castle and you go to Jinju by bus, please be aware that the castle is in walking distance from the bus terminal that is close the center of the city. I didn't know that and I hopped in a taxi for all of 2 minutes. So when you come out of the bus terminal, just head straight left for about 7-10 minutes and  you can't miss it!

Until next time...

No comments: