Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hawaii - Day 2 - Polynesian Cultural Center

Our second day in Hawaii was a full one. We spent the entire day at the Polynesian Cultural Center and it was fantastic! I really enjoyed getting to learn about the different Polynesian islands. It was definitely worth the money and time! Here are some pictures of the day:

A view from the bus on the way to the PCC.
I think they call this the China Man's Hat Island.
We finally arrived to the center.
A pretty ginger flower.
A tree with crazy roots.
Beautiful sights inside the center.
The Maori people doing a chant.
A Tonga man playing a nose flute.
Kami and I made coconut-leaf fish!
Our Samoan tour guide (Ken) telling us about Samoa.
Samoans climbing coconut trees...so awesome!

Kami and I at the luau!
The men getting the pig from the pit.
The luau performers.
My delicious meal...check out the purple sweet potatoes and roll!
Luau entertainment!
After the luau, we went to the Ha-Breath of Life Fire Show...it was pretty incredible!
Yummy Pineapple Delight!
The fire twirler! So sweet!

The finale!
All-in-all, it was a terrific day! I highly recommend it for anyone going to Hawaii! I learned so much about Polynesians and had a lot of fun doing it!

No comments: