Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taipei - Taipei 101

By far, my favorite 'attraction' in Taipei was Taipei 101. This is currently the second-tallest building in the world, behind some new building in Dubai. A few years earlier and I could have been to the tallest building in the world! Haha!! Anyways, I have a small obsession with tall buildings, so this was right up my alley!

I went to see Taipei 101 first a night so I could get a glimpse of it in the dark, and then I returned the following day to see it in the daylight. I only went to the observation deck during the daylight, since I still haven't quite figured out how to take good night pictures! Here are a few pictures from the building:

Lots of Christmas spirit in Taipei!
Busy streets of Taipei.
Taipei 101 in the dark!
Taipei 101!!
Views of the city from the 89th floor!
Taipei 101's shadow cast over the city!
More city views!
The world's largest wind damper...apparently this absorbs some of the wind so the building doesn't rock back-and-forth!!
Me at the top!
Probably won't ever see these numbers in a stairwell again!!
Taipei 101's mascot! Cute!
On the 88th floor, they had some displays of coral and jade...I thought it was pretty incredible what people could make out of those! These are coral:
Taiwan!!
Sign marking the building as the world's tallest in 2004!
From the bottom looking up!
And again! The building is supposed to resemble a stalk of bamboo.
The top half of the building.
This is the view from a road near my hostel...which was about 5 subway stops from Taipei 101!
And a familiar LOVE sign at the base of the building!

It was a really nice day, and I enjoyed visiting the building! Hopefully one day, you'll get to experience it too! :)

No comments: