Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving...Korean Style!

Happy late Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone enjoyed a day with family, yummy food, football, and getting up at 4am to go shopping.

Since Thanksgiving celebrates America, the Koreans didn't celebrate. I know, shocker. Haha. I did take the liberty of sharing with all of my students that it was Thankgiving in America and even let some of them say what they were thankful for! It was quite fun!! Since Kami and I are the only Americans at our school, we also got to share the holiday with our co-workers. Our boss lady was even so kind and got us fried chicken during one of our breaks so we could celebrate. That was so sweet. All of the teachers definitely liked Thanksgiving after that!!

Today we did have an official Thanksgiving celebration! Our group of English teachers (mostly Americans, a couple Canadians) got together for a Thanksgiving feast! It was quite enjoyable! There were many people there, beyond the Tongyeong English teachers. There was a French couple and two teachers from Busan and a guy from California that is traveling Asia. Kami and I made mashed potatoes for the celebration and I think everyone liked them!! I mean, who doesn't like mashed 'tators!! It was quite a fun day. Here are a few pics by Kami....she's the resident photographer!

In other news, Kami and I have officially applied for our alien registration cards so we will soon be legal!! Whoo-hoo!! That's quite exciting! We should get them at the end of next week or the following week. Yay!! Teaching is still going quite well. I love most of my classes and the kids are all just so amazing!! My co-workers are all really great and I think I'm really blessed to be here!

I think Kami and I might be going to Seoul for Christmas break with our friend, Amy. We get about 8 days off I think, so we're going to try to explore Seoul for a good part of it. I think it'll be a great way to spend the holidays. I can't wait!!

I think that is all for now! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday break! Miss you!

No comments: