Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meeting Abby!

I'm in the process of making my annual (or twice-annual) 'Tour-de-Texas' as I like to call it. My first stop is in my hometown so it's been nice to see my family and friends. It always feels good to see familiar faces and territory. Since I sold my car before I went to Europe, I've had to figure out ways to make my 'tour' work. My solution to get from Arlington to Abilene...Greyhound baby!! It was actually really not that bad and I made it safely so that was good! My next stop is Monahans to see my dad and his wife...that'll be on Friday.

One great part about coming home for a little while is that I was able to meet my new second cousin Abby. My cousin Alichia had her on September 4 (just two days later than the birth of yours truly) and I didn't think I'd get to meet her in person until she was already a year old. So getting to see her definitely made coming home worthwhile. I've spent parts of the last two days with Alichia and Abby and am just so excited to get to watch her sleep and squirm and yawn and stretch and do all the cute things babies do!! Here are a few pictures so you can oooohhh and aaaahhh with me:



It seems like many people in my life are having children...such a happy time!! I got a phone call yesterday from my friend I worked with at Mercer that his daughter was born earlier that morning...so CONGRATS DAN & KATIE!!! So excited for those two!! Their little girl, Ava, is definitely going to be a Packers and Brewers fan through-and-through. Haha!!

Anyways, I'm gonna go now but I just thought I'd let you know I hadn't fallen off of the face of the earth...just hanging out...still waiting on visa papers so we can go to South Korea.

No comments: