Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday...Prague Style

Well, it's official...I'm a quarter of a century old. There is no denying it now. It's quite crazy...like there is a specific moment I can recall when I was in high school and my co-worker was turning 25 and I made fun of her...now I'm the one getting the jokes (thanks Kendall). It's ok though...because I've accomplished a lot in my 25 years and I'm happy with where I am in my life right now.

Anyways...today was quite eventful. Since Kami and I are finished with class and are jobless, we had time to do whatever we pleased today.

Back in July when I was visiting my dad, we watched a show on the Travel Channel about Prague and Samantha Brown suggested trying some Strudl made at a certain place here. So all month I have been wanting to try this Strudl and today was finally the day. We made our way across town and found the special place!! Since it was our one visited, I decided to get apple (the one Samantha Brown recommended) and the curd cheese (because I'm becoming quite fond of that). We found a park close by and dug into our Strudl...and let me tell you, it was darn good!!



After that, we had another adventure in mind. A softball coach I used to work with, Joni, told me that Prague was hosting the European Cup for softball and that Mercer's former softball coach was coaching a team that was participating, so Kami and I put that on our agenda for the day. I mean, how often do you get to see European Cup Softball...seriously. It was quite nice though...seeing something familiar...brought back lots of memories of the Bears! It was fun and I even talked to Coach Foti (for you Mercerians reading this) and he remembered me...I was a little shocked. ha!


After that, we came home, got prettied up and met a former ITTP classmate for dinner in the center of town. There is a Czech restaurant I have grown quite fond of...good food for a good price, what more can you ask. So we had dinner and came home and so ended my day of birthday fun!

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a happy day and now it's my bed time! Goodnight!!

No comments: