Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Thoughts About Czechs

Well, I feel better, physically that is! I'm glad to be over my cold and my nose is happy too! I've just been 'classing' it up the past few days and trying to figure out my next stop in the journey of life. I'll let you know as soon as I know more!

On a different note, over my past few weeks in Prague, I've noticed some interesting things about the culture here and thought it was time to share those things with you. So here goes:
  • You can understand emotions regardless of the language you speak...couples in love, crying babies, rude waitresses.

  • Double-roll toilet paper is a blessing you don't know you have until you don't have it any more. Appreciate it!

  • Czech women are in denial about their shoe size...they all wear sandles too small. I don't get it.

  • You don't have to bring your 1980's fanny pack that you got at Salvation Army when you come...they sell them by the rackfull here!

  • Mullets are no longer a thing of the past...the Czechs sport them proudly.

  • Enjoy your free water at restaurants and free refills, you won't find them here.

  • Instead of mosquitoes after a rain...it's snails and slugs...gotta watch your step always. Here's a pic for you!

That's all for now. I've gotta get busy find a job! Please pray for Kami and I as we look for jobs!! Thanks so much! :) Talk to you soon!

No comments: