Sunday, July 20, 2008

One of These Days

I just spent the last four hours of my life watching club basketball...one 12 and under team and one 13 and under team...both coached by my dear friend Kendall. After leaving there, I decided I need to write myself a note for one day if I ever have kids, because what I witnessed tonight was just pure craziness.

I can understand cheering....constructive cheering that is. It's the out-of-control screaming that I can't comprehend. It's the thinking their daughter should play every minute of the game and that she is twenty times better than the girl that is playing in her spot. It's the thinking they're the coach of the game when they couldn't even succeed in the sport in middle school. It's the passing the attitudes on to their children that make them believe they are being wronged too by sitting on the bench. These are just a few little things I hope I can be more aware of if I ever become a parent.

Just a thought...be supportive...but don't go too far. That is all for now.

No comments: