Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busan Lotte Giants Baseball

After almost 6 months of no live sporting events (crazy, I know), I was super pumped to go to one in Busan last weekend. I have to say it was probably the most exciting thing I have experienced since I have been in Korea. Kami, Amie, Galen and I headed to at Lotte Giants baseball game in Busan on Saturday night. It was AMAZING!! I can't even fully describe it, but I will try a little.

Sajik Stadium holds about 30,000, and while that is considerably less than pro teams in the MLB, the game was 20 times better than any game I've been to in the States. I've never seen baseball fans so into the game...cheering, singing, waving their pom-poms. It was amazing. I'd read before going to Busan that the fans were awesome, but I had no idea it'd be that great! There was a platform on the first base line that was used for a few cheerleaders and 'ring leader'. There was a cheer/song for each of the players and tons in between too. I loved it! It was sooo much fun!

Sajik Stadium--Home of the Lotte Giants

We knew the game would be fun when we walked up and saw dancing Soju bottles.

Kami and I with a Soju bottle.Our view of the game.


I love panoramic shots!

Enjoying the game!
Trying to capture some of the cheering on film.

Baseball at night...true bliss!

Needless to say, I can't wait to go to another game! If you come to Korea, go to a baseball game! I totally recommend it!

PS. Here is a pretty interesting story about the manager for the Lotte Giants. here

No comments: