Thursday, October 2, 2008

Really??

The other day I was watching The View and Bill Maher was a guest on the show. Now, I really haven't heard much about this guy...pretty much just his name...so I really didn't know what to expect. While he was being interviewed by the ladies, he said something that really struck me...not in a good way. Someone said something about prayer and Bill Maher said something like, "Prayer is like talking to an imaginary friend." He went on to say other things about religion that I didn't agree with either, but the prayer thing is what stuck with me.

An 'imaginary friend'...really??? I don't believe that God is some imaginary being that we just make up in our heads when we are five years old. I don't believe that talking to God is just a version of talking to myself. I was just really shocked to hear someone refer to Him in this way. I have faith and believe that God is really there. I have been blessed in too many ways to just believe that it's all a coincidence...I believe it is God blessing my life. I hope that Bill Maher will realize oneday that God is not just an 'imaginary friend'...He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.

1 comment:

K-Webb said...

you forgot the best part about what he said when he was asking if they thought Jesus talked back to them when they 'prayed'. remember that?

"if you hear a voice talking back to you, you should really get looked at b/c you are effed up in the head. Jesus is a nice opinion, but it's strictly that - opinion."

yep. he's gotta lovely seat in hell just waiting his arrival.