Friday, July 29, 2011

Busan With Kami - Lotte Giants & Haeundae Beach

A couple of weeks ago, I was super excited to have Kami come to Korea for a visit! We had lots of good times together when we were here together a couple of years ago, so it was nice to reunite!!

Her visit allowed a visit to Busan and one of my favorite things to do in Korea...going to a Lotte Giants baseball game. The Giants were playing the LG Twins and Eujin got us amazing seats for the game! Even though it was about a million degrees, we had a great time together cheering on the winning team!

Here are some pictures from the game.

The next morning, Kami and I took a coffee break at Dunkin Donuts, where I found this sign. It's amazing to me that even huge chains like Dunkin Donuts would have such mistakes in their signage.

After that we headed to one of the places I've wanted to go to for a long time in Korea...Haeundae Beach. This place is quite famous in Korea, and let me tell you, it was quite an interesting experience.

You may remember my blog a few months ago about skin color and tanning/whitening in Korea...well, this beach experience was just another illustration of the fact that Koreans to not want to have tan skin. Let me just show you with the pictures!

When first entering the beach, I could only see one thing...UMBRELLAS!! Everywhere!! No lie!! I have never seen so many in my life!! Lucky for me and my lobster skin, they were super cheap to rent...only about 5 bucks!

A fort of umbrellas!!

Another big difference about Korean beaches is that Korean like to go swimming with all of their clothes still on. Look around the beach in the States and you see lots (and sometimes too much) flesh, but in Korea, must people still had their full clothing on. Hopefully you can see that in this picture.

Lucky for us...these were a guy that didn't mind getting a little sun!! ;) (Sorry, Dad!!)

Thus concluded our time in Busan! Now I can mark Haeundae off of my 'Things to do in Korea' list...whoo-hoo!!

No comments: