Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Random Saturday Around Tongyeong!

Sometimes, my Saturdays are pretty random. A couple of weekends ago, I had another random Saturday. I was supposed to be attending a day-long meeting with some other foreigner teachers, but the rainy season had just started and the weather was forecasted to be rainy....but, it wasn't! So, I had the whole day to do lots of random things! Here's my day in pictures:

The first stop of the day was a volleyball game that some of the 6th grade teachers were playing in. This is 이영미...she's the teacher that takes me to school every day and she is quite a volleyball player!

The team after the game. This league is 9-player volleyball...so the court is a bit bigger than normal and there are 9 people on each side. It's really interesting!

The next stop was a soccer game with Liz. Some of my 6th grade students play in a league and I enjoy watching them play.

This is 진민욱...he's one of my students and the captain of the team!

The team huddle as they returned to play in the second half.

After all of that, Danielle and I went on a little stroll with a new friend, Raju. There is a big Buddha statue that I see all of the time on my way to school, so we took a little walk to see it and the temple. This picture shows the current state of the rice fields...full of water!

The path leading us through the fields and to the big golden Buddha.

The temple...we finally made it!

Danielle and I with the golden Buddha! I can see this statue all the way from my apartment roof at night!

Garlic drying and getting ready for my belly!

It's always good to have nice, relaxing, random days! I'm sure there will many more to come!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wait. Did I actually beat you to blogging about something?

Oh. Snap. I did.

::happy dance::

saraallbritton said...

Seriously...I'm shocked too!! I haven't been on my game since preparing for open class! But don't worry...I'm back now! :)