Monday, April 11, 2011

Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival

This past Saturday, a friend of mine and fellow EPIKer, Danielle, headed to Jinhae for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Since first being introduced to these beautiful trees when I was living in Georgia, I can't get enough! The only downside to these amazing trees is that their blooms only last for a few weeks out of the year...so when they come, you can't procrastinate taking pictures of them! I attended the festival when I was in Tongyeong a couple of years ago, but because of a freak eye problem with one of my fellow travelers, our time was cut short. This year was different...we had a full day of fun!

Here's a look at our weekend in pictures:

Danielle and I took the bus from Tongyeong to Masan, and then had to take the city bus from Masan to Jinhae. (Buses 160-164 run between the cities...bus fare is currently 1,100 won) The city bus to Jinhae was quite packed...as you can see in the picture. It was about a 45 minute trek with traffic, but much cheaper than a taxi!

The 49th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival! The streets are lined with cherry blossoms, making the scenery look amazing!

In the center cirle of the festival, there was a huge performance while we were there. I must admit I didn't pay close attention to the performance, but I did enjoy taking a few pictures!

 A traditional Korean dress...a hanbok. I love these dresses!

Cherry blossom trees everywhere!!

Caitlin met us in Jinhae for the day and Danielle's friend, Junsang, joined us at the festival. Later, we all visited a local tofu restaurant that was quite delish! 

In a strange turn of events, Danielle and I ended up spending the night with Caitlin in Daegu. It turned out to be ok because Danielle knew of an AMAZING breakfast place near Camp Walker in Daegu! I had the biscuits and gravy and an omelet, along with a Dr. Pepper! The biscuits and gravy were SOOO good!! Danielle & Caitlin had the stuffed french toast..which they loved! So if you're ever in Daegu, head to Hami Mami's near Camp Walker and get some awesome breakfast...you won't regret it!! (Just tell the taxi driver Camp Walker, Gate 4...it's on that road, just look for the sign!)

It was a fun weekend and a tiring one! My feet were happy to be home, but I had a really good time, so it was worth it!! Can't wait for the next adventure....soooo glad it's spring!! :)

1 comment:

ruffeecola said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Nice read!