Sunday, August 16, 2009

China #5 (Final) - CCTV Tower & Subway Fun

I think it's about time to wrap up my China posts...so this will be the last one remembering our trip to Beijing.

On our last full day in Beijing, Kami and I headed to the CCTV tower. I kind of have this thing...in each of the capital cities I've been to (Vilnius, Prague, Seoul), I've been to the TV tower...so when Kami and I were talking about going to Beijing, the TV tower was one of the top things on my to-do list. Maybe I'll get to Tokyo's tower before leaving Asia...we'll see. So here are a few pictures from the TV tower in Beijing. The air was pretty nasty over the city, so I couldn't take too many 'city' shots from the top.
Sometimes the English translations aren't the most accurate.
On a totally different note...I love subways!! I'm not talking about the sandwich shop...I'm talking about the form of public transportation. I have to say...they are efficient and I love going to cities that have subways. Beijing had a nice subway system from a tourist's point-of-view. We were able to get where we needed to go and very cheaply. They only charge 2 RMB (about $0.30) for a ticket to any line, any number of transfers, and time limit. It's great!! Here are some pictures from the subway line.
The subways were packed...yikes!
Can you find Kami?
Some of the stops even had pretty artwork.
So concludes our trip to Beijing. It was a good trip...great memories were made and lots of pictures were taken. I enjoyed my time in China's capital city and hope you can, too, one day!

No comments: