Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yokjido

Last Saturday, Kami and I headed out to an island off of the coast of Tongyeong for the day. It was a little muggy and rainy, but it was still nice to get out of town for a bit. Lately the air here has been GROSS...so muggy and humid. I think they call this monsoon season, but hopefully it'll be over soon. It's been raining so much and I'm not really enjoying it.

Anyways, back to Yokjido (yoke-gee-doe)...it was about an hour and 15 minute ferry ride from Tongyeong and it was quite a large island...well bigger than I was expecting. When we arrived at the island, we took a bus all around the island so we could see it all. That took a good while, so after that we just walked around a bit and then got the next ferry home. There wasn't a beach or anything, so we didn't have too much to do there.

Here are a few pictures from the day:

Here is a map of Yokjido and surrounding waters. We were on the big one at the bottom and I'm pretty sure we took the red line all of the way around the island.
Here is our old school bus that took us around the island.
Some views of the islands...can you see how dense the air is?
A random statue of buff men in short shorts.

On the ferry ride home.

In other news, I'm getting SOOO excited for our trip to Beijing. Only 3 weeks to go! I got my guidebook in the mail today, and Kami and I are going to get our visas tomorrow! I can't wait!!

No comments: