Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's About That Time

Since I'm not really sure where I'll be on November 4, I recently requested an absentee ballot from my home county so I can vote early while I'm still in the country. Well, today it came!! I know I'm a dork, but I was really excited!! It's only my second major election to vote in, so the newness hasn't rubbed off yet! I also take much pride in voting and think everyone should do it if they can. As much as people complain about our leaders, at least we do have some freedom in selecting them...it's not like they're chosen because of their parents or grandparents. Also, if you don't vote, I feel you have no right to complain...SO VOTE!!! It's not that hard, people! Anyways here is a picture with me with the voting pack (there are a bunch of papers in there) and me with my ballot...yikes!! It's so long!!



On another note, my visa papers are officially in South Korea, so in about two weeks, I should have my visa ID number and will be one more step closer to heading to So Kor (that's what Aimee and I decided to call it!). I can't wait to go! I got a travel book in the mail today so I am excited to read it and learn all about my future home! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: