Friday, February 24, 2012

Riley!

It had been building up. And after I returned from my trip to the States in October, I just knew it was time! Time for me to get a dog!! I love dogs but I've always been a bit of a commitment-phobe. I like having my freedom and going and doing as I please. But finally I just knew it was time.

So I searched the web for a while, until I found an ad for a 2-year-old Miniature Schnazuer on Craigslist. The ad said the owner was leaving Seoul in January and needed someone to adopt his dog. Perfect! I thought! It gave me time to go home for vacation in December and get back and get the dog. Well, after email the guy, he let me know that the date had been moved up a month...mid-December. I automatically thought there was no way. I was about to leave the country for two weeks and I would only have the dog for a couple of weeks before that. But with some encouraging from my friend, Liz, and a perfectly (already) planned trip to Seoul, I met the little man and knew I couldn't possibly say no!

And so began my journey with Riley. Liz and I brought him back from Seoul on a cold December day and I welcomed him into my home. It's been amazing so far! I've had him about 2.5 months, and now, I don't know what I did without him! He's so much fun and add so much joy to my life! We've been adjusting to each other and forming our bond that will hopefully last many years to come!

Here are some pictures of my precious little man:





A couple of weeks ago, Riley got a little haircut! You can imagine my shock with I saw him for the first time! I didn't even recognize him! I kind of saw it has him going from a little boy cut to a man cut! It's so different!


Here's to many more years of precious time with my companion, Riley!

2 comments:

Burketown said...

So cute! Jacob had a miniature schnauzer growing up and he talks often about what a good dog he was. And I love his new "man" haircut. Very handsome:)

saraallbritton said...

Ah thank you! I love him! His hair is growing quickly...might be time for another 'man' cut!!