Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NCAA Women's Tourney (First Round)

This past weekend, Duke hosted the first round of the NCAA Women's National Tournament. I decided this was the perfect opportunity to check out Duke and Cameron Indoor Stadium. The first game of the day was (7)LSU vs. (10)Hartford and the second was (2)Duke vs. (15)Hampton. The high seeds won each game, but it was still fun to watch.

Cameron was definitely not what I was expecting. It reminded me of an old high school gym. I couldn't believe it. I can't even imagine that placed packed on big game days. I bet it would be awesome to play there. Here are a few pictures from the arena:
Here are a couple of pictures from the LSU/Hartford game:
Following the LSU win, Duke soundly beat Hampton. While the game wasn't too interesting after the first 10 minutes, the Hampton fans and band kept us entertained. They were awesome...playing songs and dancing and singing. It was amazing!! I was so happy to see that! Here are a few pics:
Following the games, Brett introduced me to a fantastic restaurant in Chapel Hill called Mama Dip's. They serve southern home cooking....it was delicious!! I had the chicken & dumplings, along with zucchini casserole and yams...so good!!

So concluded our day! It was so much fun and I can't wait to see some more sporting events around the area!!

No comments: