Monday, April 27, 2009

Fiesta!!

I don't talk too much about school, but here's a blog for you about my work.

In one of my classes, we just finished reading about a boy named Tomas that was a native of Mexico. It was a fun story for me since I feel like I have a good knowledge of Mexico and Spanish is my semi-second language. The students were ultra impressed when I said things to them in Spanish and it was fun getting to share with them! Anyway, as a little way to let them learn more about Mexico, I made a few things for the students and we had a fiesta! Since there is a very, very small selection of Mexican foods here, I did what I could. They really enjoyed the chips and salsa. I also attempted to make churros and they were quite yummy. Lastly, I made my favorite Mexican food...quesadillas!! We had a good time!
Here's the spread:

Luna really enjoyed the fiesta!! Kara and Annie having fun!The kids did a Spanish-English puzzle during the party.

I think the students had a good time and it was fun getting to share a little piece of Mexico with them!

No comments: